Hello everyone! This is Rajeswari from Rak’s Kitchen. I share some of the authentic recipes that I learnt from my mom and mom-in-law. All these day to day cooking recipes include our Indian spices that are easily available and these spices help in a way to balance our health in day to day diet easily.
Sukku coffee recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Drink
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 8 cups
Dry ginger, Crushed roughly – 1/2 cup
Coriander seeds – 1/2 cup
Palm candy – As needed
1. Break the sukku to soften it. We cannot add as such in mixer, otherwise mixie will get spoiled. So I used my hand mortar and pestle for this.
2. Transfer to the mixer and just run it to powder it coarsely. No need to powder finely. This way the aroma is very different from using fine powder, I feel.
3. Add coriander seeds and again do not powder finely, let it be coarse.
4. Transfer this to an airtight container and you can use it for a month. To make a single serving, boil 2 cups water. Lower the flame.
5. Add 2 heaped tsp of this sukku malli powder (Dry ginger+ coriander powder) and let it boil in medium flame until it reduces to half.
6. Add palm candy (Panangarkandu) as needed to sweeten and let it dissolve. Switch off the stove.
7. Filter it through a metal strainer and transfer the sukku kaapi to the cup.
o You can make then and there too, instead of making the powder ahead. Just place a small piece of dry ginger and break it until soft in a mortar and pestle. Add 2 tbsp of coriander seeds and crush it too coarsely until aromatic. Proceed from step 4. I find this way, its more aromatic as we are crushing the ingredients than powdering.
o You can use karuppatti (Palm jaggery), or jaggery or even honey (must be added only to luke warm coffee) to sweeten this coffee.
o You can add a cardamom to make it more aromatic.
o You can add little milk after you switch off the stove.
Aromatic, appetizing and refreshing sukku coffee! The whole house will be smelling divine when you make this and your family will be lured to kitchen to see what’s in the making