Toor dal/ thuvaramparuppu - 1 cup
Red chilli - 3
Black pepper whole - 1 tsp
Garlic- 5 flakes
Salt, oil for roasting Or as needed
1. Roast red chillies and toor dal till toor dal turns golden brown.
2. Cool down and grind it with salt to coarse powder.
3. Crush coarsely, pepper and garlic in a spice crusher.
4. Add it to the mixer and use inch/juice option to mix it well in the podi/powder.
5. The other option is add whole pepper and garlic flakes to in the beginning itself to skip 3rd and 4th steps.
6. Store in an air tight container and use when needed. Mix in rice with sesame oil and enjoy!!
My mom adds pepper and garlic without roasting at the last stage,says that enhances the flavor of the podi.
Hello everyone! This is Rajeswari from Rak’s Kitchen. I share some of the authentic recipes that I learnt from my mom and mom-in-law. All these day to day cooking recipes include our Indian spices that are easily available and these spices help in a way to balance our health in day to day diet easily.
Follow me in