Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time:20 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 6
Coriander leaves - 1 big bunch
Urad dal - 1/3 cup
Redchillies – 6
Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry sized
Salt - As needed
1. Wash coriander leaves and spread it in a news paper or kitchen towel to absorb the water in it. Remove the thick stems if you don’t want,thin stems can be there.
2. Roast urad dal,red chillies and asafetida together till urad dal turns golden brown.
3. Cool down and first grind red chillies,tamarind, salt, asofetida into a coarse powder.
4. Then add coriander leaves and give a few runs to grind little.
5. Lastly add the roast urad dal and grind to a coarse powder,taking care to not to grind into fine powder.
6. The urad dal should be seen as shown below in the picture.
Transfer to an air tight container and keep it in fridge.This thokku, we can take with rice by mixing this with sesame oil, or we can even have this as a side dish for Idly, Dosas!
Hello everyone! This is Rajeswari from Rak’s Kitchen. I share some of the authentic recipes that I learnt from my mom and mom-in-law. All these day to day cooking recipes include our Indian spices that are easily available and these spices help in a way to balance our health in day to day diet easily.
Follow me in