When Amuleek Singh decided to found Chai Point,
he only had two things in mind. One, that it would be the fulfillment of a dream he had nurtured since his student days at Harvard Business School – that of being an entrepreneur who would be involved in building a strong and honest consumer brand. Second, everyone who knew him as that kid from Jammu & Kashmir, who loved to make tea for everyone, would now know him as someone who brewed cups for more than just friends and family, for the country even!
We sat down to taste and sip a selection from Chai Point’s wide array of teas, and here’s why we think you will love them too –
1. Get your order delivered to your door – that’s homes, offices, home offices, all covered, we think – in under thirty minutes. Bonus: As a registered first time customer, the first cup of chai you order, is on the house! They have subscription plans, customer reward programmes and cashback offers too, tailor-made for regulars.
2. They currently operate out of eight cities – Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai and their offerings include varieties of hot Chai, Iced Chai, Shakes plus bite-sized made-for-chai snacks to accompany your beverage perfectly. Could they make it any easier?
3. The answer is to the question above is yes! Their portion sizes are as small (250 ml or 2 cups), medium (500 ml or 5 cups) and large (1litre or ten cups)! Now simply multiply to cater to as many chai-drinkers as you please. And just in case you were worried about quality, they have zero franchises!
4. Speaking of quality, They use only the finest varieties of orthodox loose leaf teas, some of them, infused with fruit and fruit flavours, but each and every one of them are a 100% natural and are authentic in-house blends. Yum!
5. Sourced from exclusive estates and companies in Assam, Darjeeling and the Nilgiris, their team of professional tea tasters choose the best teas from premium plantations season after season, using only top-grade tea leaves that are free of artificial colours and flavours – which means you get not just great taste, but also good health all in one simple cup.
6. And it’s not just chai. There’s all kinds too. Ginger tea, masala tea, lemon tea, iced teas, fruit teas, shakes… the list is kind of endless and we love it!
7. You know what goes well with chai? No, not gupshup! Bite sized snacks of course – every Indian knows this! Chai Point’s got you covered here too. Based on recipes that complement your chai and tantalise the desi palate they’ve got a range of healthy, traditional Indian snacks also on offer including multigrain biscuits, mathri, cake rusks, quinoa puffs, gud chana, masala peanuts and cornflakes mix. Pay a visit to their site – you’ll also find sandwiches, samosas, bun-maska ! Never have the munchies again!
8. And bless their hearts, they’re ecofriendly to boot! Food boxes and plates for in-store and delivery are both 100% biodegradable. Their delivery fleet – the Green T-Brigade consists of over 80 all-electric scooters keeping air pollution levels at a minimum. All their garbage is meticulously segregated and all used tea leaves are donated to farmers in Doddaballapur (Bangalore region) to be used as manure. And finally, Chai Point only uses sulphurless sugar in its outlets which ensures that customers are safe from the harmful effects of sulphur that can be found in sugar that is refined using the double sulphination method.