Recipe Cuisine:Indian |Recipe Category:Lunch
Prep Time:15 mins |Cook time: 25 mins |Serves: 3
Brinjal - 10
Tamarind - Small gooseberry sized
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Oil - 2 tblsp
To roast and grind
Channa dhal - 2 tblsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tblsp
Red chilli - 2
Coconut - 3 tblsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dhal - 1/2 tsp
Oil/Ghee - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - A pinch
1. Soak tamarind in hot water and extract the tamarind juice and keep aside. Brinjal should be cut as shown and keep it immersed in water.
2. Roast all the ingredients under the roast and grind table ,in a hot kadai ,one by one till nice aroma rises.
3. Grind to a coarse powder.
4. In the same kadai add the oil and fry brinjal till it turns its color as shown in the picture.Keep it aside.
5. Add a tsp of oil/ghee and add the tempering items followed by curry leaves.
6. Add the tamarind extract and required water ,salt and bring it to boil and then add the fried brinjal.
7. Boil till the brinjal gets cooked and lastly add the ground powder slowly and stir well.
You can adjust the coconut amount. The more you add, it becomes flavourful, the less you add, it becomes spicy!
Boil till thick and have it hot with rice and ghee on top of it!
Hello everyone! This is Rajeswari from Rak’s Kitchen. I share some of the authentic recipes that I learnt from my mom and mom-in-law. All these day to day cooking recipes include our Indian spices that are easily available and these spices help in a way to balance our health in day to day diet easily.
Follow me in