Recipe Cuisine:Indian |Recipe Category:Condiments
Prep Time30 mins |Cook time: 15 mins |Makes:3/4 cup
Bitter gourd 2
Tamarind 1/4 tsp packed
Garlic 3 flakes
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Oil to deep fry
Chana dal 2 tbsp
Urad dal 2 tbsp
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
1. Wash and remove the middle part (seeds) of the bitter gourd. Chop finely. Mix salt and turmeric and keep aside for atleast 30 mins. Squeeze the excess water well after 30 mins.
2. Heat oil and deep fry the chopped butter gourd until golden in colour, not until its burnt.
3. Drain excess oil in paper towel. Dry roast first chana dal, urad dal, coriander, red chillies until golden.
4. Dry roast coconut separately. cool down all the ingredients roasted. Add garlic and tamarind.
5. Grind all these ingredients into slightly coarse powder along with salt.
o I was thinking about healthy version and thought baking the bitter gourd and trying out the same. If I try, will update here.
o You can skip coconut.
Store in an airtight container and I guess this should keep good for 10 days in room temperature.
Hello everyone! This is Rajeswari from Rak’s Kitchen. I share some of the authentic recipes that I learnt from my mom and mom-in-law. All these day to day cooking recipes include our Indian spices that are easily available and these spices help in a way to balance our health in day to day diet easily.
Follow me in