Undoubtedly chilli is one of the most popular spices in India, however, an excess of any food item can harm your body, including chillies. Along with the wide range of advantages, chillies can also bring disadvantages to your body.
Chillies can help you control your blood sugar level, and it may keep you at bay from heart and lung diseases. However, too much consumption of chillies can also cause stomach problems or oral ulcers.
Following are the results of excess consumption of Chillies:
1. Chillies are naturally pungent and hot, and an excess amount of chillies can overheat your body. If your body system is already hot, you better eat less chilli to avoid imbalance.
2. It is also said that regular intake of chilli can affect your taste buds, making you oblivious to other subtle food dishes. Regular consumption of chilli has been claimed to reduce the sensitivity of your taste organs.
3. Diabetes, blood pressure, liver disease, kidney and heart disease patients are often advised to eat less spicy food. A high amount of chilli consumption will also decrease your blood sugar level. Piles patients should also maintain a low consumption of chilli, as it might create irritation in stomach, leading to bleed.
4. Pregnant women are also advised to be careful when eating chilli. As mentioned above, chilli increases heat in the stomach, leading some cases to abortion.
5. Over-consumption of chilli can also result in bowel ulcers, haemorrhoids, swelling, sore throat, cough, urinary bladder infection and dry mouth.
You can always enjoy your hot and pungent food, we just ask you to be careful by avoiding overconsumption of chilli.