If you’re looking for entirely unexpected health benefits all you need to do is turn towards the the humble and unassuming clove of garlic: packed to the brim with who-ever-knew beauty uses and super useful home hacks, we promise you won’t regret it.
1. Prevent and treat colds with garlic: Pit so happens that a daily dose of garlic in your recipes could benefit your immune system immensely because of how packed it is with antioxidants. For those times when you accidentally find yourself having caught that common cold after all, sip some garlic tea – really simple to make too. Begin by steeping chopped or minced garlic in hot water for a few minutes (simmer on a low flame for as long as possible for best results), then strain and drink. Add some honey, ginger and holy basil to improve flavors as well as pack a punch with accelerating your recovery in the most natural, harmless way possible.
2. Clear acne and discover glowing skin: Garlic is a great natural remedy to banish unsightly blemishes because it’s antioxidants kill bacteria. And while it may not be the main ingredient in your drugstore for acne medication, we promise you won’t regret giving this super effective topical treatment a shot. Simply rub a sliced clove of garlic on the pimple or affected area and voila, watch, as it vanishes, like magic!
3. Garlic can help you to grow beautiful hair: Garlic with its high levels of allicin (a sulfur compound similar to that found in onions found to be very effective in the treatment of hair loss), could end your shedding problems. Again, you simply need to rub sliced cloves of garlic against your scalp, squeezing and massaging as you go for best results. Alternately, infuse some oil with garlic and massage into your scalp regularly.
4. Keep mosquitoes away with this natural insect repellant: Scientists are unsure why, but like vampires, mosquitoes don't seem to like garlic too much either! A recent study made the discovery that people who simply rubbed a garlicky concoction onto their limbs and skin, were suddenly repellant to bugs and bites! To make a natural repellant at home, mix together garlic oil, petroleum jelly, and some beeswax. Or simply place cloves of garlic where infestations are at their maximum.
5. Protect your herbs, greens, plants and garden: Like bugs, it seems that garlic also repels garden pests of all kinds. This means you can make a natural pesticide using garlic, mineral oil, water, and liquid soap which can be filled into spray bottles and used to mist your plants. Boom. No more destructive pests! And like magic a flowering garden or window-sill filled with fragrant herbs instead!