Celery seeds, known to bring earthier, savoury flavour to every dish, are one of the most versatile spices that you can find in the spice haven of India. These seeds have strong, warm, lightly bitter, lightly sweet and astringent flavour.
Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Along with Celery seeds, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf; add oil in a soup pot.
- Cook and stir continuously, once the vegetables become soft, pour in the chicken stock and bring the content to boil.
- Add the noodles and simmer for 5 minutes the noodles become tender.
- After giving few more minutes to heat through; season with salt and pepper and serve hot with chopped parsley.
Bread and butter Pickles:
This oil-free pickle recipe is one of the easy and famous recipes among pickles.
- In a large bowl, mix together sliced cucumbers, onions, red bell peppers, garlic and salt and allow it to sit for approximately 3 hours. You can also keep sliced cucumber separately overnight to develop the crunch factor.
- Later, combine the celery seeds, mustard seeds, vinegar, sugar, water, and turmeric in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- First, fill your sterilised containers with the cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, and other content.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and store the jars in the refrigerator.
- Allow the pickle to sit for several days to develop the full flavour. Serve it cold.
Macaroni Salad Dressing:
- Cook macaroni in salted water for about 8 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and drain, and let it sit until completely cool.
- In a large salad bowl, blend mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Add celery seeds, onion, green pepper and carrot followed by macaroni.
- Before serving the Macaroni Salad Dressing, refrigerate it overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Do try these recipes and share your experience with us in the comments below.